There's no denying the power of a strong, clean typeface. No one knows this better than Hoefler & Frere-Jones...
At Wise & Hammer we create distinctive branding, custom websites and applications that are accessible, responsive and beautiful. We are passionate about our craft, pursue excellence in all that we do, and have a lot of fun doing it.
Wise & Hammer is looking for experienced Web Developers to join our award winning digital agency. “Experienced” is the key term here. We are looking for developers who actually know how to build websites. Seriously. If you are capable of building and deploying a beautiful, solid, reliable and maintainable website based on supplied architecture and design, we would like to talk to you.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent education/experience
- 4+years professional experience in web development
- Experience in object-oriented and functional programming
- Proven ability to effectively translate architecture and design into flawless, accessible websites.
- Demonstrated understanding of Responsive Web Design principles
- Demonstrated understanding of building for Accessibility compliance
- Demonstrated understanding of deployment (Domain, DNS, hosting)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven agency environment on multiple projects
You are a developer who:
- Is familiar with Drupal, WordPress, Silver Stripe, and possibly other open source CMS platforms.
- Has experience working with APIs from vendors or third-parties (Facebook, Twitter, Google, YouTube)
- Has deep experience with various hosting platforms and network operations
- Has Linux knowledge (Debian/Ubuntu – Apache, cron ssh, etc.)
- Is proficient in handling complex technical development concepts, latest software tools and technologies, understanding of algorithms, data structures and design.
- Pays attention to details, can manage your own time and handle multiple priorities
- Knows how to take projects from start to finish with minimal direction, but also knows how to work with a team, and ask for help when you need it.
- Is responsible and capable of meeting deadlines
- Delivers. You understand the definition of “done”, and the sites you ship are beautiful, solid, reliable and maintainable.
How to apply:
Please e-mail your application including links to examples of your work, along with availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ”I am your Developer”
If you want to skip the first couple of intro interviews, why not send us a short video introducing yourself? (We suggest including a link to your unlisted/private video on YouTube or password protected video on Vimeo in your application email.)
We look forward to hearing from you!