There's no denying the power of a strong, clean typeface. No one knows this better than Hoefler & Frere-Jones...
At Wise & Hammer we create exceptional experiences.
We are a boutique firm providing high-quality custom design and interactive solutions for an established and growing national roster of client/partners.
We are seeking serious Web Developers. If you are someone that loves what you do, enjoys challenges and is willing to take ownership. Someone who is innately curious, always searching for new solutions, evolving technologies, and better ways to work. Who is looking to join forces with an amazing group of passionate strategists, designers, and developers, and become instrumental in helping to build, extend and support truly exceptional experiences for a variety of outstanding clients. Then you should think about joining Wise & Hammer.
- A degree in computer science or equivalent education/experience
- 3+years professional experience in web development
- Experience in object-oriented and functional programming
- Experience with frontend frameworks, such as React or AngularJS
- Experience with Sass or similar tools, such as Stylus or Less
- Experience with template languages, such as Twig or Moustache
- Experience with Git and comfortable working from the command line
- Experience working with RESTful web services and API-first development
- Comfort with *nix-based environments such as OS X and multiple flavours of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS).
- Proven ability to effectively translate architecture and design models into flawless interactive experiences
- Demonstrated understanding of Responsive Web Design principles
- Demonstrated understanding of building for Accessibility compliance
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven agency environment on multiple projects
You are a developer who:
- Is tech savvy – you have programming & debugging experience with PHP, HTML and CSS. You’re very familiar with Drupal, WordPress and possibly other open source platforms.
- Excels at problem-solving and communicates clearly and effectively with clients and project teams. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain, even the most complex problems.
- Actively seeks clarity where project requirements may be ambiguous
- Pays attention to details and is obsessed with consistent code style
- Continuously breaks larger work assignments into smaller achievable tasks
- Knows how to take projects from start to finish with minimal direction, but also knows how to work with a team, and ask for help when you need it.
- Understands the definition of “Done”
- Is responsible and capable of meeting deadlines
- Is excited about technology and interested in future directions in interactive development
How to apply:
Please e-mail your application including examples of your work along with availability and salary expectations to email@example.com with the title ”I am your Developer”
We look forward to hearing from you!