At Wise & Hammer we create distinctive branding, custom websites and applications that are accessible, responsive and beautiful. We are passionate about our craft, pursue excellence in all that we do, and have a lot of fun doing it. Wise …
We are currently seeking an amazing Systems Admin / DevOps Specialist who will provide 24×7 support of systems, software and hardware in an on-site and on-call capacity for W&H and our Clients. You will utilize your skills in planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and systems. You will also analyze and resolve end user software program and application issues, Document well and provide training where required.
If you have a passion for technology, the web, open-source development, and for helping your team deliver exceptional experiences with reliable, well planned and maintained systems and processes. You should think about joining Wise & Hammer!
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Deployment, configuration, and maintenance of scalable development and production infrastructures improving automated deployment and testing frameworks, eliminating bottlenecks in the current production pipeline, maintaining system stability and security.
- Tasks often will be integration-oriented, meaning the candidate will need familiarity with working in virtualized environments, maintaining software stacks, computer networking, Internet communication standards, web services, operating system configuration, security, scripting for automation, and many other autonomous integration practices.
- Common sense problem-solving, product research abilities, self-starter attitude, and the dedication are critical.
- Strong background in Linux administration and advanced knowledge of the *nix based operating systems.
- Knowledge of and ability to debug and troubleshoot scripting languages such as PHP, bash, and perl shell scripting.
- Advanced knowledge of the cPanel/WHM control panel.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache and MySQL.
- Experience with automation and configuration management.
- Ability to use a variety of open source technologies and understand integration with cloud services.
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, and NoSQL proficiency.
- Ability to evaluate system and application logs, error messages, stack traces to quickly identify and solve production problems.
- Experience in integration and configuration of monitoring and alerting systems.
- Ability to create and maintain update to date infrastructure documentation including systems, networks, databases, services and their interactions.
- In-depth experience with Source Control Management, especially Git/GitHub
- Tech-savvy – You love technology, all technology (If the printer breaks, you probably know how to fix it).
- Familiar with hosting for Drupal, WordPress and possibly other open source platforms. You also have basic programming & debugging experience with PHP, HTML and CSS.
- Able to manage your own time, priorities and tasks.
- An exceptional communicator. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain, even the most complex problems.
- Open towards flexible hours (on-call duties).
- Able to switch gears quickly and adjust your focus appropriately.
- Comfortable in a Mac environment.
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with caching, and performance tuning.
- Familiarity with AWS administration experience including EC2/ECS, S3, RDS, VPC, OpsWorks, IAM, EMR, and ElasticSearch services.
- Experience with tools such as (Ansible, Chef, Salt, Docker, Vagrant, Capistrano, etc.).
- Familiarity with Agile and Traditional software development processes.
- Experience working in small teams.
- A great sense of humour.
How to apply:
We want to see an amazing cover letter with your resumé telling us why you belong at Wise & Hammer. If you really want to knock our socks off, send us a short video introducing yourself. (We suggest sending us a link to your unlisted/private video on YouTube or password protected video on Vimeo.)
Please send application along with availability and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ”I am your Systems Administrator / DevOps Specialist”
We look forward to hearing from you!