There's no denying the power of a strong, clean typeface. No one knows this better than Hoefler & Frere-Jones...
At Wise & Hammer we create exceptional experiences.
Amazing ongoing service & support for our customers is a big part of that. We take an active interest in our customers’ businesses, monitoring and resolving technical problems, providing insight and thinking beyond general technical support. At Wise & Hammer our goal is always to provide an above and beyond experience.
Wise & Hammer is on the lookout for an amazing Service & Support Specialist to join our family. At W&H you will be working closely with clients/partners and the W&H team. You will be maintaining and improving web solutions built on various platforms, and providing technical support and general consultation to clients/partners on a daily basis.
If you have a passion for the web, open-source development, and for helping clients get the most out of their products. You should think about joining us!
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience in digital product support, operating and maintaining web servers, web-based applications and associated hardware and software in or for an agency.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and manage web-based applications and server environments hosting an ongoing portfolio of active websites/projects in all environments including development, staging, and production
- Strong knowledge of LAMP stack and administration is an absolute requirement
- Knowledge of Drupal and WordPress content management systems and optimized server configurations.
- Understanding of development workflows including code versioning (e.g. GIT)
- Strong documentation skills and experience working in multi-tenant code environments
- Strong knowledge of database technologies (e.g. MySQL) including maintenance
- Strong knowledge of web and application-based services
- Sound understanding of account-based access control mechanisms and principles
- Knowledge of scripted deployment tools
- Understanding of caching technologies
- Understanding of Domain Name (DNS) and Directory services
- Knowledge of server-based and desktop software for both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Working closely with clients and the W&H team to provide exceptional service to support and improve web solutions built on various platforms (primarily Drupal, and WordPress). You will provide technical support and general consultation to clients/partners on a daily basis. You will always strive to ensure clients/partners feel respected, valued and heard in each interaction.
- Schedule and perform regular system and software updates to existing products.
- Working with senior developers to execute and/or facilitate rapid turnarounds of small development tasks (<8 hours) while ensuring maintainability of implemented solutions.
- Admin responsibilities, including creating and updating service tickets, timekeeping, estimating, and credentials management.
- Use development and diagnostic tools as well as manual process to evaluate website performance, QA, load test, and troubleshoot every imaginable problem that might come up with a website.
- Stay up-to-date with managed platforms and web development best practices.
- Work with Google tools like Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Google Webmaster Tools to support digital marketing campaigns and reporting on clients digital products.
- Excitement for technology and the digital industry, initiative, creativity, and ability to learn new skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot technical challenges.
- A particular understanding of best practices for developing software and customizing hardware for use in the web environment.
- Exceptional communication skills. You can gracefully break down, solve, and explain, even the most complex problems.
- Ability to prioritize while working with multiple tasks. Demonstrated flexibility in working with changing demands.
- Open towards flexible hours (on-call duties)
- Comfortable in a Mac environment
How to apply:
Please e-mail your application along with availability to email@example.com with the title ”I am your Support Specialist”
We look forward to hearing from you!