Wise & Hammer is seeking an experienced and professional Account Manager. The Account Manager supports the Account Director and Agency Partners to facilitate the reporting, communication, planning and administrative demands of their assigned accounts and projects. Given that this role will …
We are on the lookout for a truly remarkable Senior Developer / Team Lead (Web) to join our family. At Wise & Hammer you will be leading the way in crafting exceptional experiences in our internal Labs as well as for a variety of outstanding clients. Experience is critical here. (seriously, you should have already been there and done that – And be looking to build on your already impressive history) You can discuss the various merits of different frameworks, architectures, and tools. You have experience picking the ones that work best for the project, and guiding a team that moves fast and is focused on delivering.
You’re a master of web languages, a technology and learning advocate, and a technical expert for the development team. You’re a true team player and believe great things happen through open and honest communication and collaboration. You also enjoy mentoring junior developers, helping them push their boundaries and their skill sets. Senior Web Engineer is a serious role at Wise & Hammer. As a senior member of our team, your expertise will be sought in ops/infrastructure, requirement assessments, technical implementation planning and best practices development. You’re delivery focused, providing accurate estimates and ensuring deadlines are met. You will oversee and, as needed, expand the development team, and work hand in hand with the directors, account managers, project managers, and creative teams to breathe life into our clients’ digital products.
Your main responsibilities:
- Delivering complete solutions that balance technical and business requirements. Experience has taught you what works. Your long history in the game helps you choose the best mix of proven and emerging technology
- Interacting with Clients & project teams to understand business and user requirements
- Authoring technical briefs for client approval and project development
- Maintaining high coding standards and practices and exercise quality control on all aspects of web development
- Breaking new ground, researching and implementing innovative web techniques and features
- Manage and mentor junior/intermediate developers and make decisions about team growth when necessary
- Problem-solving in all areas of online development
- At least 4 years (Senior Web Developer) / and 3 years (Team Lead)
- Package manager and automation tool experience (npm, gulp, grunt)
- Comfort with *nix-based environments such as OS X and multiple flavours of Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS).
- The ability to build, thoroughly document, and unit test your own packages.
- The capacity to build and maintain a RESTful API and securely integrate it with a stateless authentication mechanism (such as OAuth2) and external databases.
- Comfort with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and know how to securely configure and manage database instances in development, staging, and production environments.
- The ability to identify and determine which database technologies (SQL/noSQL) are appropriate for future projects.
- Comfort with basic shared hosting configuration and deployment as well as navigating IaaS ecosystems such as AWS and Digital Ocean and understanding how to use the various services they offer effectively and securely.
- Deep understanding of Linux environments and the ability to write services (e.g. with upstart or systemd), securely configure firewalls, and intelligently navigate log files for debugging purposes.
- Intimate understanding of Git. And a little love for the command line.
- Demonstrated understanding of Responsive Web Design principles
- Demonstrated understanding of building for Accessibility compliance
- Substantial experience with client services
- Experience working in a Mac environment
How to apply:
Please e-mail your application including examples of your work to email@example.com with the title ”I Am Your Senior Web Developer”
We look forward to hearing from you!