We are on the lookout for a new Front-end Developer to join our team. The successful candidate has at least 3 years of industry experience as a user interface or front-end developer and hands-on experience within the digital marketing and communications industry. Drawing on …
We are seeking an experienced and professional Systems Specialist.
Under the general supervision of the Director of Strategic Development, the Systems Specialist (DevOps) is responsible for the maintaining and developing of web-based services, servers, and software and for the ongoing technical management and operations of Wise & Hammer digital products. The core responsibility of this role is web server administration and management but may include software and hardware support. We may even ask you, occasionally to figure out why the printers just stopped working, or why the WiFi is slow. 😉
Responsibilities include maintaining and monitoring the performance of websites, content management platforms and associated web hosting services and systems, ensuring all systems are monitored, meet and operate under established standards.
This role also provides general, first-level technical support and network maintenance for the users within W&H, including desktop hardware and software in a mixed Mac and PC environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience with a strong background in information systems design and web technology.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience operating and maintaining web servers, web-based applications and associated hardware and software in or for an agency. Experience designing and maintaining LAMP-based systems and hosting environments. Training in modern web development and operations (DevOps) is preferred. A demonstrated understanding of industry trends and best practices in Internet-based technologies including content delivery networks, virtualization, active monitoring, and software patching. A demonstrated understanding of security, performance measurement, load testing and use of analytics as they apply to web development and maintenance. Knowledge and experience applying usability and accessible practices an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, and manage web-based applications and server environments hosting an ongoing portfolio of active websites/projects in all environments including development, staging, and production
- Strong knowledge of LAMP stack and administration is an absolute requirement
- Strong knowledge of Drupal and WordPress content management systems and optimized server configurations.
- Deep Understanding of development workflows including code versioning (e.g. GIT)
- Strong documentation skills and experience working in multi-tenant code environments
- Strong knowledge of database technologies (e.g. MySQL) including maintenance
- Strong knowledge of web and application-based services
- Sound understanding of account-based access control mechanisms and principles
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles
- Knowledge of scripted deployment tools
- Understanding of caching technologies
- Understanding of Domain Name (DNS) and Directory services
- Knowledge of server-based and desktop software for both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Excitement for technology and the digital industry, initiative, creativity, and ability to learn new skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to troubleshoot technical challenges.
- A particular understanding of best practices for developing software and customizing hardware for use in the web environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work successfully within a team.
- Ability to prioritize while working with multiple tasks. Demonstrated flexibility in working with changing demands.
- Open towards flexible hours (on-call duties)
How to apply:
Please e-mail your application along with availability to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ”I am your Systems Specialist”
We look forward to hearing from you!