We are on the lookout for a truly remarkable Senior Web Developer to join our family. At Wise & Hammer you will be leading the way in crafting exceptional experiences in our internal Labs as well as for a variety of outstanding clients. Experience is …
Are you passionate about creating innovative and engaging digital experiences? Do you enjoy translating complex business goals into products that people love to use? Wise & Hammer is currently seeking a Senior Experience Designer to do just that.
A successful ED at Wise & Hammer is an innovative problem solver, a designer, a decisive product owner, an encouraging mentor, a team player, and a skilled client partner and trusted advisor all rolled into one. Our Experience Design Specialist pushes great ideas forward through strong collaboration and challenges the team to think beyond the expected. This is a hands-on role: you will create prototypes, personas, sitemaps, process models, journeys and whatever is needed to communicate the team’s thinking.
- At least 4 years of experience in UX and Visual Design within consultancy or digital agency environment
- The curious and organised mind of a scientist, the passion of an artist, and the ability to inspire excitement, dedication, and amazing work from others.
- The confidence to take design risks, push past the obvious, and creating exceptional experiences that people will love to use.
- Experience creating interfaces, large-scale digital experiences, or applications.
- Full understanding of how to apply the methodologies of interaction design and research to business problems.
- A successful track record working with interdisciplinary teams in creating great products, with proven skills in mentoring, presenting, client consultation and visual communication.
- Experience with design tools like: Visio / OmniGraffle / Word / Pages / Powerpoint / Keynote / Sketch / Adobe CS Suite
- Strong visual style and thorough understanding of how typography, layout, colour, images and interactivity impact design is essential.
- You have demonstrated an ability to utilize feedback/direction from creative leads and clients to generate multiple design explorations and iterate designs through to approval.
- You have managed multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload, and working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
- You get along with others. You have a positive attitude, a great sense of humour and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
- A Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Prototyping in HTML/CSS/jQuery, and experience with design systems/component libraries would be a big plus.
- You are comfortable in a Mac environment
- Occasional travel may be required.
Why Wise & Hammer?
We are artists, gamers, thinkers, creators and innovators — We are professional nerds, inspired by transforming business through design and technology. Our teams brainstorm, apply research, and inspire. We design, model, build and test. And at the center of everything we do is our ceaseless drive to create exceptional experiences. We love what we do and our passion is contagious. Our people are open, honest, playful and simply the best. Sound like the right place for you? Join us.
How to apply:
Show us your online portfolio of course, but don’t be afraid to get creative with your application. Creativity is the central requirement of this role after all – Strut your stuff!
Please send your application to email@example.com with the title ”I am your Experience Designer”