There's no denying the power of a strong, clean typeface. No one knows this better than Hoefler & Frere-Jones...
At Wise & Hammer we create exceptional experiences.
We are a boutique firm providing high-quality custom design, interactive solutions and professional service and support for an established and growing national roster of client/partners.
We are currently seeking an incredible Digital Content Strategist to join our team.
As the Digital Content Strategist with Wise & Hammer you live at the core of digital strategy, user experience, and creative, you are able to transition big ideas into goal-driven messaging, content architecture, and an editorial plan. Your work style is inclusive and collaborative, you are comfortable with workshopping, discovery, client presentations and demonstrating rationale behind the work, yet still able to roll up your sleeves to help out wherever needed as work progresses. You are familiar and comfortable with the tools common to content analysis (audit, analysis, editorial calendar, content management, transition planning), and more than capable of constructing an informed, well organised strategic plan that turns insight into action.
- Developing complete content strategies based on user and business goals
- Drafting content publication and migration workflows
- Perform content discovery, inventories/audits, derive valuable insights from the findings and form content migration/development plans
- Become a subject-matter expert and a content “AMA”
- Guide development of taxonomies, tagging systems, and metadata structures
- Collaborate with team members and partners to determine the conceptual and copy direction of online initiatives
- Collaborate with UX and Development teams to help define content driven sites as well as page-level needs and content structure
- Develop comprehensive messaging hierarchies and plans
- Solve usability and navigation issues
- Represent the Content Strategy perspective during internal and external discussions
- Develop strong working partnership with clients, based on trust and expertise, to shape and define content needs & requirements
- Guide agency and client resources as applicable
- Collaborating with Online Display and Search Parters to determine and implement effective strategies
- Previous work experience as a content analyst or content strategist, ideally with an interactive design agency/department
- Demonstrated ownership of your projects and/or account’s direction
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Capable of mixing big-picture thinking with granular editorial review
- Well-rounded comprehension of the Content Strategy discipline and an eagerness to promote it as a part of new work
- Comfortable executing standard CS tools, such as content audits, gap analyses, messaging hierarchies, page tables, etc.
- Experience with software: Microsoft Office Suite, Pages, Keynote, Google Apps, CRM, marketing automation, and reporting systems
- Ability to clearly communicate complex or demanding subject matter, either verbally or in written form
- Flexibility to work both independently and contribute as part of a comprehensive strategy and design team
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines on multiple projects
- Ability to work cross-office, cross time-zones
- Willingness to travel and work remote with clients in collaborative work methods when required
- Familiarity with online display and search engine marketing practices – both organic and paid
- Experience using Google Analytics/AdWords, Content Analysis Tool, or other automated keyword, SEO, or content strategy tool a plus
- Experience with content management systems and best practices for organising and tagging content for the web environment
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma in English, Journalism, Communications or related experience
- 4-6 years of Marketing/Communications experience in a digital-focused company or agency
- Full proficiency in English – French a plus
How to apply:
Please e-mail your application to email@example.com with the title ”I am your Content Strategist” – Please also indicate your availability and salary expectations.
We look forward to hearing from you!