There's no denying the power of a strong, clean typeface. No one knows this better than Hoefler & Frere-Jones...
We are looking for an amazing experienced Art Director with a diverse skill set, a can-do attitude, and desire to grow creatively and professionally to join us in dreaming up and delivering exceptional experiences for new and established brands in a diverse range of industries.
As our AD you will be responsible for conceptual development and the execution of creative deliverables. These responsibilities include creating and communicating concepts, implementing marketing strategies and developing interactive design solutions. Reporting to our Creative Director, you will work with and lead a collaborative multi-disciplinary team. Balancing creative thinking with interpersonal skills, you will demonstrate an ability to communicate and sell concepts to both clients and the project team.
If you are design-obsessed, innovative and a great communicator. Someone who loves the idea of conceptualizing, presenting and delivering beautiful and powerful work for clients as well as supporting your team to do the same. You should think about joining us!
- Develop conceptual and stylistic direction and execute same for a wide variety of communications projects
- Create campaign ideas for case studies, pitches and client presentations
- Work closely with Project Managers to schedule projects and coordinate production
- Develop tactics which bring creative concepts to life and achieve program objectives
- Prepare and present client creative presentation
- Provide quality assurance of all creative deliverables, review drive client approval process
- Mentor and coach team members through project development and performance management
- Building and maintaining a rapport with clients, partner agencies, photographers, other vendors
- Contribute to the innovative development of the creative department
- Participate in strategic brainstorming, concept development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Support Creative Director in client-related and internal projects to make sure work is delivered on-time and at a high level of execution.
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Participate in new business initiatives
- 4+ years experience, preferably in a digital agency
- An exceptional portfolio that includes recent interactive work
- Experience leading a team and encouraging creative excellence.
- Experience meeting clients and presenting concepts and creative deliverables
- Ability to think creatively and justify concepts to clients and team members
- Experience with strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail within demanding deadlines
- Passion for design and creative problem solving
- Motivation, decisiveness, organizational skills, efficiency and dedication
- You get along with others. You have a positive attitude, a great sense of humour and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment.
- Leadership abilities to foster learning and excellence among team members
- Illustration in both electronic and traditional media is an asset.
- You are comfortable in a Mac environment
How to apply:
Show us your online portfolio of course, but don’t be afraid to get creative with your application. If you really want to knock our socks off, send us a short video introducing yourself and telling us why you are the right person for the job. (We suggest sending us a link to your unlisted/private video on YouTube or password protected video on Vimeo.)
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “I am your Art Director”